€3,790 Per Person
- Country / RegionFrance / Gascony & Aquitaine
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Max Passengers8
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Bordeaux - Cruise between Castet-en-Dorthe and Boé.Itinerary Gascony - Cruise between Agen and MontaubanInclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
Rosa features a dining room, saloon bar, sun deck and 4 staterooms with full en-suite facilities. The crew includes the captain, tour guide, master chef and a housekeeper. There are bikes available for guests.
Complimentary Wi-Fi is available on board for guests bringing their own appliances. Connectivity can be limited in remote locations.
- Visit the renowned Château Bellevue la Fôret for a winery tour and tasting
- Cruise the River Tarn across the 1,000 foot long, red-bricked Aqueduct du Cacor
- Visit to Château de Goudourville and a tour of Auvillar
- Tour the medieval town and castle of Nérac
- Visit the Abbaye St Pierre de Moissac
- Tour of the famous Saint Emilion
- Visit the impressive Château de Duras
- Visit to the Bastide village of Vianne and ancient Barbaste
- Wine, foie gras and Armagnac tastings
- Visits to the village of Le Mas d’Agenais and the colourful market of Marmande
- Local transfers to and from the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 4 crew
- Use of barge facilities which includes bicycles
- Small library of books and maps
- Collection of board games
- Hi-Fi system with CD player and selection of CDs
- iPod docking station
Entrecôte de Bazas à la Bordelaise; Confit de Canard et Son Jus au Thym; Foie Gras Poélé Déglacé au Vin de Figues; Filet de Truite au Beurre Blanc; Gâteau Basque; Pruneaux à l’Armagnac
Buzet, Cotes de Marmandais, Sauternes Bordeaux AOC Superieur, Haut Medoc, Cotes du Frontonnais
Le Bleu de Quercy; Templais Sec; Tomme de Lomagne; Cabécou; Roquefort; Laguiole
Pick-up & Drop-off Point
Approximate transfer duration for Rosa = 1 or 1.5 hours, depending on the cruise route.
For cabin bookings
- Pick-up point: Hotel Pullman in Toulouse centre at 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: Choice of location in Toulouse at 10:30 am
For charter bookings: One location of of the group's choice in Toulouse for pick-up at 4:00 pm and drop-off by 10:30 am.
Bordeaux & Gascony
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: Bordeaux: Grand Hotel at 4pm or Bordeaux train station at 4:20 pm
- Drop-off point: Choice of location in Bordeaux at 11:00 am
For charter bookings: One location of the groups choice in Bordeaux for pick-up at 4:00 pm and drop-off by 11:00 am.
Contact a French Travel Specialist
Meet Your French Travel Specialist...
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
10% off per cabin on April 14, 21 & 28; May 5 & 12
*No single supplement on April 21
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Single Supplement Book Before April 14, 21 3,411 Euros 1,400 Euros. None on Apr 21 7 January 2019 April 28 3,951 Euros 1,600 Euros 7 January 2019 May 5, 12 3,951 Euros 1,600 Euros 7 January 2019 May 19, 26 4,390 Euros 1,600 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23 4,390 Euros 1,600 Euros July 7, 14 4,390 Euros 1,600 Euros July 21, 28 3,790 Euros 1,400 Euros August 4, 11, 18 3,790 Euros 1,400 Euros August 25 4,390 Euros 1,600 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 4,390 Euros 1,600 Euros October 6, 13, 20 3,790 Euros 1,400 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
10% off per charter on April 14, 21 & 28; May 5 & 12
Departure Dates Charter 6 ppl Charter 7 ppl Charter 8 ppl Book Before April 14, 21 24,120 Euros 24,840 Euros 25,560 Euros 7 January 2019 April 28 27,360 Euros 28,260 Euros 29,160 Euros 7 January 2019 May 5, 12 27,360 Euros 28,360 Euros 29,160 Euros 7 January 2019 May 19, 26 30,400 Euros 31,400 Euros 32,400 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23 30,400 Euros 31,400 Euros 32,400 Euros July 7, 14 30,400 Euros 31,400 Euros 32,400 Euros July 21, 28 26,800 Euros 27,600 Euros 28,400 Euros August 4, 11, 18 26,800 Euros 27,600 Euros 28,400 Euros August 25 30,400 Euros 31,400 Euros 32,400 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 30,400 Euros 31,400 Euros 32,400 Euros October 6, 13, 20 26,800 Euros 27,600 Euros 28,400 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Available for Supplement Family Charter 8 ppl None Golf Charter 8 ppl 500 Euros per golfer Wine Appreciation Charter 8 ppl 4,000 Euros per charter
*Cannot be combined with any other special offers.
Golf cruises include four pre-booked and paid tee times and transfers to and from the golf clubs. Hire of clubs, caddy or buggy not included. Only those golfing pay the supplement. A minimum of 4 passengers on a golf charter are required to play golf.
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Day 1, Sunday
Meet at the designated meeting point and escorted in the air-conditioned minibus to Rosa, moored in Castet-en-Dorthe. Enjoy a champagne welcome. You also have time for a stroll before returning for your first dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
This morning is spent cruising the picturesque canal, following the River Garonne, to the port of Meilhan-sur-Garonne. In the afternoon, we visit the medieval town of Saint Emilion, a UNESCO World Heritage site and centre of the most famous of the Bordeaux appellations. Later, we stop at Château Beau-Sejour-Becot, producer of premier and grand crus wines, where we discover the secrets of the vine and, of course, enjoy a tasting. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
After breakfast, we cruise to the charming little village of Le Mas d'Agenais. During the cruise you can cycle or walk the tow path and enjoy the stunning countryside. In the afternoon, we visit the 14th century Château de Duras, an architectural wonder, which has been both a fortress and a stately home over its 900-year history. We wander through its 35 rooms and museum before returning to the hotel barge. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
This morning we depart early and enjoy the colourful market of Marmande and the Church of Our Lady with its French gardens and Renaissance cloisters. We then cruise to Damazan, a pretty fortified village with pastel-coloured houses. After lunch we visit the pretty village of Le Mas d’Agenais. Its 11th century church has a beautiful Romanesque doorway and an original masterpiece by Rembrandt.
We then visit a cheese workshop, where you can see the different stages of manufacture and enjoy a tasting of goats' cheeses, including some flavoured with ash and chilli. Dinner ashore at a local auberge.
Day 5, Thursday
In the morning, visit the traditional cooperage of St. Martin, where we discover the secrets of making the barrels that enhance the great wines of Bordeaux.
Head to the 13th century bastide village of Vianne and on to Barbaste with its fortified mill protected by four square towers, and the nearby 12th century bridge with its 12 curved arches. The afternoon is devoted to relaxation and cruising further along the canal to our mooring at Serignac-sur-Garonne. Dinner on board.
Day 6, Friday
Start the day with a visit to the medieval town of Nerac and tread in the footsteps of King Henry IV and Queen Margot. The château was built in the 15th century but much was destroyed during the French Revolution and today only the impressive north wing remains. We then stop at the Lapeyrade estate for a cellar tasting of Armagnac, the oldest alcohol in France.
In the afternoon, we cruise towards our final destination of Boé, crossing the Plan Canal d’Agen, one of the longest aqueducts in France which spans the River Garonne. Captain’s Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, disembark Rosa and transfer to the designated drop off point.
Rosa Deck Plan
- 100 feet long
- 8 passengers
- 4 crew
- 2 double state rooms (104 to 110 sq ft including en-suite)
- 2 twin state rooms (92 to 107 sq ft includign en-suite)
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with table, loungers & 4 parasols
- Spa pool
- 8 touring bikes
- Air-conditioned minibus
- WiFi (Subject to reception)
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our French Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our French Specialists would love to help you out!