€4,490 Per Person
- Country / RegionFrance / Burgundy
- Duration7 Days/6 Nights
- Max Passengers12
- Cruise HighlightsAccommodation Cabin accommodation (twin or double bed) with en-suite bathroomActivity Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary Meals All meals included - authentic French cuisine and regional specialities plus a selection of fine winesDrinks Open bar with alcoholic and non alcoholic drinksInclusion Sun deck with spa poolTransportation Vehicle for transfers and excursions Activity Use of bicyclesItinerary Cruise between Fleurey-sur-Ouche and EscommesInclusion WiFi on boardActivity Wine tasting sessions
The 12-passenger L'Impressionniste, is light and airy and features beautiful picture windows and selections of prints, fabrics and wall colourings reminiscent of the turn of the century era after which she is named. There is a sun-deck, spa pool, 12 bikes, and an always open inclusive bar. A choice of single cabin, junior suite or suite is available and we can offer double or twin bed configuration. All cabins are air conditioned and have en-suite facilities. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available on board for guests bringing their own appliances. Connectivity can be limited in remote locations.
It is crewed by a knowledgeable captain, master chef, tour guide and two housekeepers who will ensure you have everything you need.
- Visit Clos de Vougeot, a wall-enclosed vineyard in Burgundy
- Wine tastings in the cellars of renowned Burgundy Domaines
- Tour Dijon and its markets
- Explore Château de Bussy-Rabutin
- Tour and tasting at Bouchard Pere et Fils winery and lunch in its chateau
- Visit Beanue and its Hospices de Beaune
- Tour the medieval Château de Châteauneuf-en-Auxois
- Optional: Hot air balloon
- Excellent towpath for walking and biking
- Transfers by chauffeured Mercedes Mini bus between Paris and the hotel barge
- Luxury 6 night cruise
- All meals on board catered for by the on board Master Chef
- Open bar 24/7 with a large range of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. All wines served throughout the cruise
- Excursions and admittance fees as per the itinerary
- Services of 6 crew
- Use of barge facilities, which includes bicycles and spa pool
- Library of books and maps
- Board games
- Nordic walking sticks (on request)
- Hi-Fi system with CD player, radio and iPod docking station
- Guest iPods
Filet d'Agneau au Basilic;Magret de Canard au Ratafia de Bourgogne; Poulet à L'Estragon;Filet de Boeuf Charolais avec Sauce Epoisses
Domaine Laroche, Chablis Premier Cru; Domaine Bruno Clair, Marsannay; Domaine Bouchard Père & Fils, Meursault ‘Les Clous’; Domaine Comte Georges de Vôgué, Musigny; Château de la Saule, Montagny Premier Cru; Domaine Jadot, Ladoix ‘Les Clous d’Orge’
Aisy Cendré; Bouton de Culotte; Epoisses; Ami du Chambertin; Le Petit Vougeot
Pick-up & Drop-off Points
Approximate transfer duration between Paris & L’Impressionniste = 3 hours 15 minutes.
For cabin bookings:
- Pick-up point: The Hotel Westminster, Paris at 2:30 pm
- Drop-off point: The Hotel Westminster by 12:00 noon
For charter bookings:
- Pick-up point: One location of the group's choice in Paris at 2:30 pm OR a local TGV station close to the barge after 4:00 pm
- Drop-off point: One location of the group's choice in Paris by 12:00 noon OR at a local TGV station by 10:00 am
Contact a French Travel Specialist
Meet Your French Travel Specialist...
Dates & Prices
Rates for 2019
Departure Dates Stateroom per person Junior Suite pe person Single Supplement April 7, 14, 21 4,490 Euros 4,590 Euros 1,650 Euros April 28 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros May 5, 12, 19, 26 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros July 7, 14 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros July 21, 28 4,490 Euros 4,590 Euros 1,650 Euros August 4, 11, 18 4,490 Euros 4,590 Euros 1,650 Euros August 25 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 5,250 Euros 5,350 Euros 1,900 Euros October 6, 13, 20 4,490 Euros 4,590 Euros 1,650 Euros
Charter (Whole Barge)
Departure Dates Charter 8 ppl Charter 9 ppl Charter 10 ppl Charter 11 ppl Charter 12 ppl April 7, 14, 21 45,200 Euros 46,600 Euros 47,700 Euros 48,800 Euros 49,900 Euros April 28 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros May 5, 12, 19, 26 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros July 7, 14 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros July 21, 28 45,200 Euros 46,600 Euros 47,700 Euros 48,800 Euros 49,900 Euros August 4, 11, 18 45,200 Euros 46,600 Euros 47,700 Euros 48,800 Euros 49,900 Euros August 25 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 52,600 Euros 54,300 Euros 55,600 Euros 56,900 Euros 58,200 Euros October 6, 13, 20 45,200 Euros 54,300 Euros 47,700 Euros 48,800 Euros 49,900 Euros
Theme Cruise Supplement
Theme Avaialble for Supplement Culinary Charter 12 ppl 125 Euros per person Family Charter 12 ppl None Golf Charter 12 ppl 500 Euros per golfer Wine Appreciation Charter 12 ppl 5,000 Euros per charter
Golf cruises include four pre-booked and paid tee times and transfers to and from the golf clubs. Hire of clubs, caddy or buggy not included. *Only those golfing pay the supplement. A minimum of 4 passengers on a golf charter are required to play golf.
Wine appreciation cruises for charter groups include a comprehensive wine itinerary with additional winery visits, private tastings and the services of a professional wine guide. Also includes an upgrade of the wine list to include additional premier and grand cru wines.
Family cruises include a tailor-made itinerary taking into consideration the ages and interests of all those in the group. Baby and child equipment can be provided at no extra cost including children’s bikes, car seats, cots, high chairs etc. Children under 18 years receive a discount on many vessels.
Terms & Conditions
Prices shown in Euros and will be converted in Australian Dollar (AUD) at time of payment using a daily ROE. An initial deposit of €800 is payable at the time of booking. The balance must be paid within 90 days as per our terms and conditions and as specified in our confirmation invoice, which will be despatched when the booking form has been processed. Cancellation policy applies to all bookings.
Day 1, Sunday
Meet at the designated meeting point and then transfer to the elegant L’Impressionniste moored in Fleurey-sur-Ouche for your cruise through Burgundy. You will be welcomed by the captain and his crew with a champagne reception on board. Then enjoy your first dinner on board.
Day 2, Monday
Experience your first day’s cruise along this enchanting canal, which also promises a walk or cycle along an ever-present towpath cruising past sleepy villages and pretty lock houses.
In the afternoon we visit Clos de Vougeot. Enjoy a tasting of fine Burgundy wines in the cellars of a reputable domaine, such as Château André Ziltener, a family-run winery built on the foundations of an old Cistercian abbey. Dinner on board.
Day 3, Tuesday
After breakfast, take a walking tour of old Dijon, including a visit to the vivid flower and produce markets, mustard shops and the impressive Notre-Dame de Dijon, or enjoy some excellent shopping time.
Return to the hotel barge for lunch and a leisurely afternoon cruise to La Bussière-sur-Ouche, with perhaps a walk or bicycle ride to the next lock or two. Dinner on board.
Day 4, Wednesday
After a short morning cruise, set off on a drive through premier cru vineyards, stopping en route at the “vigne de l’enfant Jesus”, a famous vineyard owned by the domaine Bouchard et Père Fils. There, a wine expert will tell us more about the domaine and give us a real insight into the production of its Grand Cru and Premier Cru wines.
Continue to Beaune, capital of Burgundy wine country, for a tour and wine tasting of the Bouchard et Père Fils wines in the château before enjoying a gastronomic lunch.
Visit the fascinating 15th century Hôtel-Dieu Hospice and explore the quaint shops of the town, before returning to the barge for a short evening cruise to Pont d’Ouche. Dinner on board.
Day 5, Thursday
After breakfast, cruise to Vandenesse-en-Auxois and pass by the Charolais cattle, rolling hills and picturesque villages, crossing the only canal bridge on the Burgundy Canal.
After lunch on board, visit the medieval village of Châteauneuf-en-Auxois and its castle and craft shops. Dinner on board
Day 6, Friday
The last day of cruise will take you to the canal summit before the Pouilly tunnel.
In the afternoon, visit Château de Bussy-Rabutin, once the home of the Comte Roger de Bussy-Rabutin. Take time to stroll through the French-style gardens and enjoy the views of the château surrounded by its moat. Captain’s farewell dinner on board.
Day 7, Saturday
After breakfast, disembark and transfer to the designated drop-off point.
L'Impressionniste Deck Plan
- 128 feet long
- 12 passengers
- 6 crew
- 2 Junior Suites (143 to 152 sq ft)
- 4 state rooms ( 110 to 127 sq ft)
- Centrally Heated
- CD player/iPod dock
- Sun deck with spa pool
- 12 touring bikes/1 tandem on request
- 2 Air-conditioned minibuses
- WiFi (Subject to local reception)
Enquire about this Cruise
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our French Specialists would love to help you out!
Prefer speaking to us over the phone? Our French Specialists would love to help you out!